(Junior) Equity Research Analyst (Amsterdam) - Amsterdam
- ABN Amro
- Banking, Corporate Finance
As an Equity Analyst your will be mainly focused on the active coverage of approximately ten listed companies in Europe within a specific sector. You will form an opinion (BUY, HOLD, SELL) on the stocks that you cover and be responsible in keeping our customer base (of institutional investors) up to date. To form your opinion on the stocks you are in touch with senior management (CEO / CFO) and the Investor Relations teams of the companies you cover. You also closely track the markets in which these companies operate. You aim to build a relationship with the investors who invest in your sector. Internally you will have daily contact with the sales and sales trading teams, which are responsible for the account management of our customer base. Given your specific focus on equities in a specific sector, you will strive to further improve your sector knowledge by visiting trade shows and other industry events.
Your working environment
As an analyst you will work within the Equity Research team, which is part of ABN AMRO’s Global Markets division. ABN AMRO’s equity research team is responsible for investment recommendations to institutional investors. These recommendations are the foundation for our service to clients in Europe and the United States. The team of analysts keeps track of stocks in primarily the Benelux. Beyond the regular stock coverage, we are also involved in a variety of Equity Capital Markets transactions such as initial public offerings (IPO), Accelerated Book Build (ABB) placements and rights issues (RI). Over the past 5 years we have consistently been the number one broker in the Institutional and / or Extel rankings. Our ambition is to consolidate on our number 1 position. Your mentality, in combination with the time and effort you want to put into the job, should match that of a market leading franchise.
You are a passionate, hard-working professional with an eye for our clients' needs. You have integrity, a quantitative mind and strong analytical and writing skills. Working well under pressure, you have the ability to multi-task and excel in an environment with time-sensitive deadlines. You are a strong communicator, in speech and in writing, and you know how to strike the right chord in every conversation. With your sector and equity research knowledge you are a respected discussion partner on board management level. Do you think you're a good fit? Check out your profile: Hard Requirements:
- MSc degree
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing. Working knowledge of Dutch language
- Excellent modelling skills (particularly in Excel) and financial accounting knowledge
- Self-starter, must be organized and able to work independently
- Required work experience - Junior position: 0-2 years; Medior position: 2-4 years of relevant work experience within the sell-side
- European passport or eligible to work in the Netherlands
- DSI registration or willingness to complete this on short notice.
Advantages / soft requirements
- Preferably a link with the Netherlands as your home base / future place of residence
- Commitment to task and an attention to detail
- Good personal skills and the ability to maintain and expand (commercial) relationships at various levels
- Affinity with financial markets
- Basic understanding of programming languages
What we offer
Global Markets offers you a dynamic and energizing working environment where you are challenged to develop yourself to your full potential. At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients’ interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say ‘no’ if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients’ interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.
Are you interested? Please apply online. For more information you can contact Wim Gille, Head of Equity Research, +31 20 6 2826 39. We look forward to getting to know you.