Intern Strategy & Development - Consumer Banking
NIBC is looking for an Intern in our Strategy & Development team within Consumer Banking!
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Strategy & Development team?
NIBC Consumer Banking is active in mortgage and savings products in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany under its NIBC Direct brand. We focus on simple and transparent products in order to best serve our clients. The Strategy & Development team is responsible for creating an up-to-date and clear international strategy for Consumer Banking. Furthermore, the Strategy & Development team joins forces with other Consumer Banking departments to develop ideas to further grow and enhance Consumer Banking’s business via new products, new markets, new channels and/or new partnerships. These business development activities contribute to a diverse combination of work.
What will you do?
Our team offers ambitious and talented students in the final year of their education the opportunity of an internship. As an intern you are an integral part of the S&D team and you will work in small and focused project teams. In addition, it is possible to write your thesis in a business environment in combination with working on several projects (subject to be agreed).
This internship is characterised by a dynamic environment providing many intellectual challenges. Your main responsibilities include conducting industry research, preparing documents for client meetings and pitch presentations, assisting in writing transaction proposals, conducting financial analysis of prospective new products and contributing to internal team meetings. You will work closely with other Consumer Banking teams and with professionals from different other disciplines within the bank (for example Structuring, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Tax, etc.).
What do you need?
- Academic education in a relevant field such as economics, business, econometrics or law
- You are in the final stage of your bachelor or master
- Strong analytical skills (proven by distinctive academic results)
- Strong drive (evidenced by extra-curricular activities)
- Flexible team player with the ability to deal with ad hoc requests, often with tight deadlines
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Available for a period of (at least) three months
What you will get?
- The benefits of a smaller dynamic firm: being able to work where, when and how you want. Being an intern in a smaller bank will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to rapidly understand how the whole bank works and where you can best leverage your talents.
- High-performing interns may be invited to join our Talent Program after graduation. Check our website for more information: https://www.nibc.com/careers/campus-recruitment/talent-program.html
Please apply by submitting your CV, motivation letter and gradelists. Instead of a motivation letter you can choose to make a 2-minute video outlining your motivation. An assessment may be part of the application procedure.
For more information about the recruitment procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org